Notice

Reader--
If you are new to this blog, please refer to the "older posts" so that you can grasp my story completely! Otherwise, carry on reading the most recent posts.

Friday, October 26, 2012

The First Occurrence


In this first “post”, I will attempt, with my humble capabilities of description, to portray an incidence that took place this very day.  Ah, reader, as I account what takes place, pray do not trouble yourself just yet.  It is possible that this strange occurrence will not happen in your dwelling place.  There I was, in the start of a perfectly normal day.  There had been some rumor about explosions on Mars, which, I must admit, sparks interest in this scientific brain of mine.  My wife takes interest as well, or at least appears to, for she listens to me ramble.  Ah, how I can ramble!  I will often go off on long, scientific tangents of which those around me understand little to none of, and then expect that a vigorous discussion will be started among us.  As has just been accounted, I am indeed wandering off course.  Let us return to the tale at hand.  As I stared out my window, I noted some excitement going on below.  On exiting the house to investigate (and to obtain my Daily Chronicle), my paperboy told me of a fallen cylinder that had come from Mars.  I promptly travelled to the sand-pits, where I found a crowd of individuals wishing to take a look at the “dead men from Mars”, as they were being called.  Parties departed and returned, and I kept a constant watch on the cylinder of metal, hoping for it to resume its process of “unscrewing”, as I had heard many mention that in passing.  Contrary to many great scientific minds of my time, I had hopes that there are men on Mars, and that they had created this cylinder.  However, I did not, and still do not, expect there to be life in the cylinder.  At the end of an uneventful day, I returned home, and here I sit.  Thus, always your faithful recorder, William Russell.

No comments:

Post a Comment